Many of us have experienced varying levels of disruption to our travel plans so when booking we want you to be reassured that our “Covid Confidence” travel policy will ensure your deposit payment will be fully protected and that we are fully compliant with the Package Travel Regulations to protect consumers. We want you to be able to book with confidence and with the expectation of enjoying a truly memorable holiday with the dolphins and whales and our local team in the Azores. The travel industry has gone through some particularly challenging times, but our suppliers are robust and have made necessary amendments to ensure they can pay the team’s salaries.
We highly recommend visiting the Azores in the winter as the climate is mild and it is possible to go out to see the whales as well as enjoy beautiful island tours. Our boat company and hotels are delighted that 90% of our guests whose bookings have been affected by the pandemic have deferred their holiday. We advise advance booking as there will limited capacity on planes, hotels, and activities. Also, the Azores is a favoured destination in terms of Covid 19 safety, so it is likely to get very booked up. We have held advance reservations on all our tours and currently we can take more bookings in the future. However, this could change so do let us know if you are keen to travel.
Our boat base and the hotels we work with in the Azores comply with the Azores Government Clean and Safe program:
CLEAN & SAFE AÇORES PROGRAM
– Their establishments are clean and disinfected
– Transport vehicles are cleaned and disinfected between passengers
– In facilities and transport of collective use, everyone wears a mask
– Implement measures to avoid crowds of people and ensure the physical distancing of 2 meters
– Ensure the limitation of capacity in terms of spaces and means of transport to 2/3
– Provide alcohol-based disinfectant on frequent transit areas and public spaces
– Provide automatic and “contactless” means of payment
– Have contingency plans to prevent transmission, and know how to deal with illness
– Employees are trained on COVID-19